Sunday, July 17, 2011

Create a scene

Good morning! I hope your weekend is going well. We are in the middle of a very relaxing weekend where we haven't done very much at all. I love these weekends after a busy week. Mind you, considering I am a SAHM, I think if we did this every weekend I might go a teeny bit nuts, but every so often it is great to just do nothing.

So... my little project that I am sharing with you today.... I'm not going to mince words here - I absolutely, 100%, unashamedly stole this idea off my good bloggie buddy, the very talented and lovely Ms Jane. When I saw her altered jar in her post HERE I thought to myself - I wanna do that. hehehe. So sorry Jane, I copied, I am a copy cat ;) But thank you for the inspiration Hunny! haha.

The challenge this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges is to "Create a scene" - hence my title ;) I thought Jane's jar idea was a fantastic way to show off a few gorgeous little Tildas and some garden scenery.  The two cuties above are new to me. They were a giftie from my good friend Kellie :) Thanks Hun, I inked them up as fast as I could!

So the other night we had spagetti bol, I saved my jar from my tomato base and gave it a good wash. The jar is a strange shape, it is tapered towards the top so I thought it would give my little project a fun edge... but it just turned out to be a bit of a pain to decorate :S I gave the jar a bit of a shabby look with some gesso first then wrapped some cheesecloth around it, cut my strip of pretty Prima paper and punched and inked the edges and stuck it over the cheesecloth and got to work choosing my Tilda's

I stamped the cute flowers all around the patterned paper and water coloured them. I was surprised how well that worked. I've only ever coloured on patterned paper with Copics before so this was just a but if an experiment. There are 5 different Tilda's from various collections and of course, it wouldn't be complete without one of Tilda's little birdies :)
My original idea for my jar was to store my watercolouring brushes... but now its finished, I don't know... I am considering using it as a little vase in my family area for a posy of roses or even for a small indoor plant, even though I am a bit of a failure at indoor plants haha, I might try and find a fake one.

So! There you have it. My altered jar. Thanks again Jane for the awesome inspiration. I think I want a couple more of these :) I'll have to start saving my jars in all different sizes.

Thanks for your visit. I will be back tomorrow with something else to share :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

12 comments:

arjette said...

Wwwoowwww this is really gorgeous!!!!! So beautifull!! And your coloring is awesome!!

gr. arjette.

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow what a cool idea and can be used for so many things ! I love all your Tilda's and the birdies. All of it a total inspiration. Thanks Kitty ;0)

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hi Kylie,

This is so SWEET!!! I love your creation, it is GORGEOUS!!! The colours are very beautiful, there is so much to look at!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Many hugs from Holland,
Monique xxx

Cheryl said...

This is stunning Kylie, I love all your tilda's and the scene behind, all your project are wonderful.
Hugs Cheryl

Pysselbus said...

Copied or not - your jar is soooo beatiful!!! Love it to pieces!!


Hugs
Linda

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Louise said...

Hi hunny!!
I don´t care one bit if this is copied, I´m going to copy you both now ;) He,he,he! I absolutely NEED one just like that on my table ;)
I LOVE it that you have used that many of the "older" and so, so sweet Tildas :) Amazingly inked too :) You know I´m a sucker for those red gorgoues cheeks and you have made them so cute! Adorable! I also love the pearls at the top :) Are the on a string?

Hugs

Shazza said...

this is so gorgeous, love your colouring, it's amazing x

Janny said...

WOW this is beautiful, love the colours.
Have a nice weekend hugs Janny

Johanna said...

Gorgeous altered project! Great job :)

Barb said...

OMG Kylie,
You have really outdone yourself with this amazing creation.
Luv, luv, luv it AND the so soft colors for the various Tilda images.
Thanks for sharing,
Barb in Texas Ü

Janine - Ellabella said...

Your work is always stunning, but this is brilliant!! I truly love visiting your blog, your work is very inspirational :o)