Saturday, April 23, 2011

Windy Tilda in Paris

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend with your families. It is nice and sunny here in Canberra, but it is getting chilly... it was only 1 degree this morning when we got up..brrrrrr!


I love this Eiffel Tower stamp (Shabby Chic collection 2008) from Magnolia. I dont'get to use it a lot however. Inking up Windy Tilda (Cosy Autumn collection 2010) was a good opportunity to mask them together though.  These two stamps together bring back good memories from when my Hubby and I visited Paris in the autumn of 2006. We were always getting caught in showers and one night we even had to run back to the hotel from the restaurant in the middle of a big storm, haha, we looked a bit of a sight when we entered the hotel lobby dripping wet.

I've used Magnolia papers as well for my card. The red rose paper is actually from a christmas collection but I thought it looked ok for this card.
All of the panels have been machine stitched and I hand stitched some lace to form the flower behind the red rose.  Tilda and the Eiffel Tower are coloured in Copics. I've also decorated the inside of the card.

So that is it from me today! I will be back tomorrow with something else to share. Thanks for visiting me this Easter long weekend!  Have a great day!
Kylie

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute, love the colours.
Hugs Cheryl

Kirsty said...

Hi You certainly have achieved the parisian theme. love the red and blue and the masking is perfect. The inside is wonderful too. Super artwork and inspiration. Kitty :)

Debbie Dolphin said...

Amazing. It blew me away!!!!!LOL
Love Debbie xxx

Janine - Ellabella said...

OMG -- this is truly a work of art! You must frame this! And if you don't want to do that, you can send it to me and I'll frame it... :) Your coloring is divine, love the red and blue, your layout perfection. It´s gorgeous. Bravo!
Hugs Janine

angelwhispers said...

What a fabulous design and such beautiful colouring just so perfect!! Have a lovely Easter Chanelle xxx

Cazza said...

Wow Kylie this is absolutely stunning!! I love the stamp combination and all your DP's and flowers, truly a work of art!!
Happy Easter to you :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx