Monday, December 20, 2010

A Summery card :)

Happy Sunday to you all! The next challenge is up over at Magnolia Down Under... and this week our challenge may be a little bit out of season for all of you  in the Northern Hemisphere....but not for us Down Under! The challenge this week is.... Summer!! LOL - put those snowflakes away for a break and get out your summer themed stamps!

I thought I'd make a card that opened out.. I'm not sure if there is a special name for it, but it is a bit like a sideways gatefold. I used the very summery ice cream image on the front of the card and on the inside I have Happy Tilda from the Right Through My Heart collection. I've had this MME "Bloom and Grow" paper in my stash for some months now and I pull it out all the time, admire how gorgeous it is and then carefully put it back in the rack, lol. So I thought it was time to actually cut into it... OMG! Such a gorgeous colour combo.  And I had to use a pretty lace doily as well, I thought it suited the ice cream feel. I used my EK Success Binder edge punch on the main image matt, both outside and inside, and also the MS Double Scallop edge punch on the bottom edge of the top flappy bit.


And here is the inside of the card...



No comments: