Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Christmas gift from the Heart

Hi everyone! Well... here it is, my very last Christmas card with a Magnolia stamp... I think... :o)  I have a couple more Christmas cards on the way, but I am fairly sure this is the last Magnolia one.

It is time for Magnolia Down Under Challenges #76 today... and the challenge this week is Red, Chocolate and Cream.... perfect for Christmas cards or any other occasion really! I chose to make a card and matching gift wrap for a little pressie for a great friend :o) She hasn't received this yet... lol, so it is a little bit of a sneak peak and I'm not going to name any names, hehehe.

This is my last Christmas Maggie to be inked up. She is Jolly Tilda and she is sitting on the little fireplace from the 2009 Christmas collection. The papers are a little bit of a mix.. they are Basic Grey Archaic, Cloud 9 Design Fleur and SU. All of the images are coloured with Copics and the edges of all of the papers are inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The panel that Tilda is sitting on is embossed with a Craft Concepts folder called Venus.  The pretty chocolate lace is Websters trims.



Here is a little close up. She is such a cutie! She looks like she is keeping a secret :)  The holly leaves are cut using my Whiff of Joy die. The swirl is cut using the Magnolia Doo Hickey swirl die.


The gift is in a lovely box as part of its packaging, but the sleeve around the box was pretty boring and daggy, so I removed that and made a new sleeve from cardstock and covered it in patterned paper and a belly belt and a big bow. I've stamps and colours the little bauble images that came in the Christmas Stamp Club from Magnolia and then popped them on foam tape and given them a coat of Crystal effects to make them shiny.


Both the card and the box have been generously sprayed in Iridescent Gold Glimmer mist. I love that stuff! But gosh, it smells a bit when its wet! It was a bit hard to photograph but I was determined!


The challenge will run until Midday Saturday so if you have some time to craft, please check out our little challenge. The DT have come up with some amazing creations.

No comments: