Monday, December 20, 2010

Lovely Tilda

Wow - Friday again! I've had a bit of a slow crafting week this week, thank goodness I was organised last week and got a lot of my crafting done that had to be posted this week.

This card I've been working on for a few days in bits and pieces. There is a new challenge for Magnolia-licious and their first challenge the colour combo of Pink and Yellow, so when I saw that I had to play along. These colours aren't a combo I use very often, if at all, but I am really pleased with how these colours come together as pastels. But of course, a little bit of kraft cardstock and white lace goes a long way to balance it all out.


I had this gorgeous little stamp "Lovely Tilda" from the Fall collection just sitting waiting for some attention. She was one of those "must haves" that I first saw in the Fall Magnolia Ink and then she didn't see ink until now. I do that a lot, lol. The paper I used was just perfect for this challenge. It is Pink Paislee "Sweetness" petite paper pad. But that is where my creative flow stopped! I knew I wanted the paper to be scene but I couldn't work out a sketch without covering them up... until I was talking to a friend today and was reminded of the circle doily die... another of those "must have" items that I just haven't bothered to try out. I bought this die on pre order, as I am sure most of you did, thinking that it was a full circle only to be a bit surprised to receive half a die in the mail. So it has been sitting in that too hard pile waiting for me to gather my patience to give it a go. And Yes... I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to match up the pattern without too much of a hassle. Gotta love scotch tape. Anyway, back to the paper, lol, I decided to use my craft knife and carefully cut around the gorgeous flowers to tuck the doily in underneath. There is also a Magnolia doo hickey tag sticking out the top right side under the flowers. Add a lace doily, a generous amount of stickes and voila!

No comments: